Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Newness, Tributes, & Randomness

So my first published post! I started this thing last June when I had more time than a meditating monk and just never did anything with it or my thoughts....and thankfully did not shave my head like a monk. After being inspired by T Mack and her amazing Any Number of Things blog (check it out if you haven't yet!!!) I figured someone out there has to appreciate my humor and musings, so here we are. As with everything associated with me, expect many a "Squirrel!" post, snarky observations, adoration of: friends, my husband, & our ever entertaining critters, as well as MAYBE a mention or two of adult beverages, food, Penn State, & music. This morning's contribution....

Unless you've been hiding in an outhouse in Appalachia, you've heard about the budget proposals in Congress and the cuts, non-cuts, pork, additions, etc. Whereas we could all argue about what needs to stay (funding for Public Media, for example--just sayin') my issue deals with the fact of a possible Government shut down. Seriously?! These politicians were elected to do a job and the budget happens to be included in their responsibilities, so here's some advice: Do your DAMN JOB! & stop worrying about who is trying to screw someone on Craigslist, who you may piss off and chance not getting re-elected, who may black ball you in your party if you 'cross lines,' and find some fucking common sense. As my husband likes to say, "We need a return of Statesmen, rather than entertainers."--agreed. Both parties are so focused like Labrador Retrievers on a duck when it comes to sound bites and blaming each other, that they have lost sight of the bigger picture--this country.

So Congress, as a constituent, voter, & tax payer, please just do your fucking job. Keep your personal lives out of the headlines, (I don't care who you screw, how or when. Really, I have TMZ, Real Housewives, & Lindsey Lohan to keep me occupied with enough scandal and gossip to last at least 36 hours) find a balance of funding for arts, defense, Government agencies & education, and maybe for once in a long, long while, act like grown ups.


And for the record: all posts are representative of my opinion and mine alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment